Monday, August 18, 2008

New Sheep

Three adults, seven children, a truck, a Pilot, a horse trailer, two pools, two hotel rooms, really great pizza, 378 miles and 24 hours later we have two new sheep. Angel and Luthien arrived at their new home to three excited families. We hoped that the new girls would immediately recognize their old flock mates, and all would be smooth. Luthien has taken to butting Jayda and even Sister, establishing her role as the leader.
The weekend was too rainy to let them out to graze.
Everyone went to the Folks Festival (not the sheep) on Sunday -we were thankful for a sunny day and not a drop of rain.
Today kids went back to school, mom's rode mountain bikes up to Hall Ranch (I was not prepared for that kind of riding!), and following school we met at the Farmette to discuss everyone's first day back and to let the sheep graze. Everyone had a good day of school, and the sheep were happy to get out and eat.
Tomorrow we hope to move them to the new pasture-that Jim worked so hard on getting ready for us!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you got new sheep!! I think that was the absolutely right move! I wish I could have been there at the Farmette!

Jim busby said...

Great photo, captures the moment. EWE-topia at it's finest.