Saturday, September 13, 2008

We, at play. . .




We had two very rainy days this week, but that didn't stop my friend and me from doing a nice mountain bike ride up the Antelope Trail. At one point I thought my tire was flat because the sand was so deep and wet it felt like I was riding through marshmallows.
Maddy lost my little point and shoot, otherwise I would have taken some photos of the mountains, socked in with clouds. There is a beautiful valley up there with an old, abandoned farmstead. I guess unless I find that camera, you'll just have to ride up there to see it yourself.
My first photo today is of Will and two friends who are on the sidelines during the soccer game. I am WAY across the field, using my 18-300 lens, in addition to shooting at the 300 focal length, I cropped it in Photoshop-the boys have no idea they are on camera. The day was very bright, so I put a polarizer on the lens. I also shot in aperture priority-8.0 to give me more depth of field for the sports shots.
This second photo is of Will going for the ball. I'm also putting this on the blog because you can see the snow on the mountains in the background (who put that school in there?). The rain here in Lyons was not rain up at the higher elevations. Maddy is itching for ski season and seems to think she needs a new coat to match her new skis.
This week watch for more sports photos as Maddy has a volleyball game and Hannah has a cross country tournament. Tuesday should be an exciting one with Hannah's tournament in Longmont and Will's soccer practice in Lyons-where I am supposed to do team/individual photos.
As for the sheep. . . we spent part of the day working on their pen, cleaning and getting the hay shed ready for hay. We also got 20 bales of hay to go into the shed. It has been a long time since I moved a bale of hay. I had forgotten how fun that was.

1 comment:

Wandering Snow said...

Great color in the pics. Couldn't you just photoshop that school right out of there? I noticed the snow right away. I love this venue of seeing what you guys are up to. -- jeanne