Thursday, October 9, 2008

Road Trip to Utah for the Sheep Convention


I'm in a motel in Monticello Utah after a nice 7.5 hour drive. It was a beautiful trip with brilliant colors the whole way. After crossing into Utah I pulled off to the side of the road and took a few pictures. I continued driving and took an off ramp so that I could stop and take a few more pictures. When I got to the top of the off ramp I saw a sign for Moab-45 miles and assumed that was where to turn. It took me through a canyon along the Colorado River. Sometimes it was right next to the road, sometimes down a VERY STEEP cliff. The road was narrow and I was glad there was still some light so that I could see the beauty and the need to be cautious and stick to the posted speed limit. As I got into Moab after the long winding road, I saw a sign for I-70, so that may have been a quicker route. The route I took was spectacular though!
I started listening to Ines of My Soul as I left Lyons and listened to it the whole way. I still have two and a half discs until it is done-that should take me well into Colorado. It is a long one!

2 comments:

Mark Edmonds said...

Karen - now I understand why you haven't forfeited our Scrabble game yet... take your time. Enjoy Utah!

-Mark

Shepherd's Loft said...

hi, Karen, I found your blog. It was nice to meet you in Monticello. I hope you had a safe return home.
I was going through my notes and came upon your blog address. It's quite nice.
Have a great November. Keep in touch.